- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining and Heating
- Environmental monitoring & protection
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water treatment
Contamination of soil and water can come from many areas, including acid rain, pesticides industrial waste, landfill, and raw sewage. Analytical procedures include LC/MS and GC/MS.
HiQ instrument purge and carrier gases will be required along with environmental compliance mixtures including VOC and BTEX calibration standards.
Environmental measurement is accomplished in many ways. Air samples may be collected using sample bags or containers and analysed using gas chromatography. Many facilities use Continuous Emission Monitoring systems (CEM) to measure specific pollutant emissions.
For example, with the US EPA CEMS have a requirement under some environmental regulations for either continuous compliance determination or determination of the level in which the facility is out of compliance with acceptable emission standards.
In all areas, a variety of pure gases and calibration gas mixtures are required. Additionally, due to legal requirements, many of these gas mixtures will need to be accreditated to international standards.